Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Today is the first day of the rest of February

Some days my brain feels fuzzy. My thinking is s l o w and my mind drifts to emptiness and stays there. It only bothers me when I am required to perform many tasks that require a lot of concentration with no intelligence. Being sharp as a tack that is sharp is not always the best thing anyway. Sometimes mental acuity blocks creative expression.


When she was 15 (after graduating first in her class and receiving a gold medal for the best pupil of 1883) and finally having a year of fun in her life, Marie Curie wrote, "Sometimes I laugh all by myself and I contemplate my state of total stupidity with genuine satisfaction."

I love the biting honesty and unintentional irony of that statement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home